Spring has finally sprung! But before you open the windows to let in that fresh spring air, you must clean them first. Yes, we’re talking about spring-cleaning windows! But don’t worry, we’ve got a spring-cleaning checklist to make this daunting task seem a little more manageable.
Spring is the season for cleaning the closet, scrubbing the windows, and cleaning the floors. Many households perform these cleaning tasks in March or April.
Here are some cleaning checklists to keep in mind:
Start by decluttering your home. That means getting rid of those items you never use but are just taking up room. Then, you can proceed to the rest of your home.
1. Window Cleaning Checklist
- Make sure your windows are free from dirt, and make a note of any stains or issues you may have observed during the winter.
- Remove your window coverings and clean your window screens.
- Clean your windows inside and out.
- All windows should be clean, streak-free, and reflect light as spring comes.
2. Carpet Cleaning Checklist
- Vacuum your carpets thoroughly.
- Carpets should be vacuumed at least twice a year to maintain good air quality.
- After vacuuming, use a carpet cleaner to remove ground-in dirt.
- Use a dry foam or powder carpet cleaner to remove spots.
3. Floor Cleaning Checklist
- Sweep and mop your floors to remove any dry dirt or debris.
- Resolve any issues you see, such as holes, cracks, or skid marks.
- Use a hardwood floor cleaner to remove stains.
4. Tile and Grout Cleaning Checklist
- Use a tile and grout cleaner to remove stubborn dirt and grime.
- Resolve any issues you see, such as holes.
5. Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Empty the shelves and clean behind and under appliances.
- Clean all kitchen cabinets and drawers.
- Scrub appliances and counters.
- Replace dirty and ragged dish towels.
- Clean the refrigerator coils.
6. Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Clean all mirrors, countertops, and cabinets.
- Clean the toilet, tub, sink, and shower.
- Replace dirty towels.
7. Basement Cleaning Checklist
- Clean the floors.
- Remove all the boxes.
- Make sure the basement entrance is clean and free of clutter.
8. Laundry Room Cleaning Checklist
- Wash your clothes.
- Clean the lint trap.
- Clean the washing machine.
9. Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
- Make the bed.
- Remove the dirty laundry.
- Clean the mirrors.
10. Attic Cleaning Checklist
- If you have an attic, be sure to clear out all the items to make room for spring-cleaning items.
- Look for any issues, such as holes or cracks in the walls.
11. Living Room Cleaning Checklist
- Clean the walls and ceiling.
- Clean your furniture, carpets, and rugs.
12. Garage Cleaning Checklist
- Clean the tools.
- Clean the area under the car.
- Clean the car.
- Wash the walls and floor.
- Clean the refrigerator.
13. Patio Cleaning Checklist
- Clean the patio furniture.
- Wash the patio floor.
- Clean the walls and ceiling.
- Wash the windows.
14. Outdoor Furniture Cleaning Checklist
- Clean the furniture cushions.
- Wash the furniture fabric.
- Clean the furniture frame.
Spring cleaning is a huge task that requires time and effort. It is overwhelming to think about everything you need to do and work and fulfill your daily responsibilities. But you need to start somewhere, and we hope our spring cleaning checklist is a great place to start.
Blossom and Broom is a home and lifestyle blog creating the most ingenious and helpful home decor, maintenance, and cleaning tips for the everyday American. We specialize in home and garden aesthetics, giving readers tips and tricks into beautifying their homes with simple yet elegant touches. Browse our blog for more home cleaning tips for every season!