Your cabin in the woods deserves the best interior design just as much as your home in the suburbs. So, if it’s looking a little crummy, it’s time to give it a complete interior makeover.
Here are five of the best, most stylish interior designs for your interior that you can do today. After your remodeling, you’re sure to have a more relaxing getaway than ever before.
The Scandinavian interior design is commonly known to have light monochromatic hues, which bring a stylish and bright touch to your interior. The minimalist style also cuts down on the elaborate, often cluttered decor of a log cabin interior. In addition, the Scandinavian design uses natural materials appropriate for your cabin surrounded by nature.
2. Rustic and Modern
Some people miss out on the excellent combination of modern and rustic designs for any interior, including cabins. The stark contrast between the two actually looks complementary and may even resemble a contemporary-style farmhouse. It’s a unique look that you can bring to your cabin in the woods.
3. Cozy Rustic
Contemporary cabin interiors are out; cozy rustic style is in. Designers have gone beyond the popular choices to create fusions of the most stylish designs, as is evident from the combination of cozy and rustic interiors. This style boasts warm woods, low light, and plump sofas that look polished, sleek, and yet cozy.
4. Small but Cozy
A classic style yet never dies–the small but cozy interior design is the perfect mix of comfort and relaxed indulgence. This style uses natural materials highlighted in the structure, decor, and even the furniture. It’s the ideal solution for a small yet stylish getaway cabin that offers an experience like no other.
5. Design Alternatives
On the other hand, if you’re not doing a complete makeover of your log cabin but still want to incorporate the four stylish designs above, here are some things you can do instead:
- Warm up your cabin with plush pillows and a fireplace to create an environment of warmth and coziness. You can opt for an electric fireplace that’s just as lovely but safer and more eco-friendly.
- Go bold with quirky lighting in different designs. Take a look at your contemporary options and go beyond candelabras and branch chandeliers.
- Add vintage accessories to your cabin to give it more character. You can use family antiques, heirlooms, and other accessories that give your rustic cabin more finesse.
- Opt for wood walls that bring out the warmth of an interior design, which is perfect for your cabin. That does not mean all your walls need to be timber–just choose certain areas or one wall and decorate it with a herringbone panel to add the feel of modern elegance to your cabin.
- Go natural with your cabin’s interior by using wood and stone, bone, and pelts. Incorporating those into your interior, from the frame to the accents and the furnishings, will bring out the modern rustic style of your cabin.
The Final Touches
Above all, incorporate your own style into your log cabin to make it look cozier, welcoming, and reflective of your personality. You can add a tad or two design pieces without having to do a complete makeover, too. Furthermore, you also don’t need a wooden structure to have a gorgeous cabin interior design! You can recreate it in your own home with the right resources.
Blossom and Broom is a home and lifestyle blog creating the most ingenious and helpful home decor tips for the everyday American. We specialize in home and garden aesthetics, giving readers tips and tricks into beautifying their homes with simple yet elegant touches. Browse our blog for more home remodeling tips!